All characters should start with the 100-point Resistance Fighter template, then choose from one of the specialties below:
Sharpshooter [50 points]
A high-powered rifle, a concealed high perch, and good camouflage netting. What more do you need?
- Attributes: DX +1 .
- Advantages: Acute Vision 2 ; Night Vision 2 
- Skills: Armoury (Small Arms) (IQ/A) ; Camouflage (IQ/E) ; Climbing (DX/A) ; Guns (Rifle) (DX/E) ; Observation (Per/A) ; Stealth (DX/A) 
- Perks: Choose 2 of Bend the Bullet (Rifle) ; Cinematic Knockback (Rifle) ; Cool Under Fire ; Gun Shtick (Next Time, It's Your Head or Stone-Cold Killer) ; Gun Whisperer (Rifle) ; Just Winged Him (Rifle) ; or Lightning Fingers (Rifle) .
- Equipment: Resistance Sharpshooters replace the Resistance Autorifle with an accurized, scoped bolt-action rifle: 7d+1 pi, Acc 7+5, Range 1,100/4,500, Weight 10.3/0.3, RoF 1, Shots 5(3), ST 9†, Bulk -5, Rcl 3. This weight includes the scope, which is variable-power (2x/16x/32x).
Demolition Man [50 points]
While you're the one the group turns to when they need something carefully demolished, you also prefer to bring the fight to Advent with heavy weapons and high explosives.
- Advantages: Enhanced Dodge 3 (Dive for Cover) ; Hand Cannon 5 .
- Skills: Armoury (Heavy Weapons) (IQ/A) ; Artillery (Guided Missile) (IQ/A) ; Explosives (Demolition) (IQ/A) ; Explosives (EOD) (IQ/A) ; Gunner (Machine Gun) (DX/E) ; Guns (LMG) (DX/E) ; Guns (Grenade Launcher) (DX/E) ; Guns (LAW) (DX/E) ; Throwing (DX/A) .
- Perks: Army of One  and Walking Armory ; choose 3 of Cinematic Knockback ; Cookie Cutter ; Dial-A-Round (Grenade Launcher); Dramatic Death ; Gun Shtick (Wall o'Lead) ; Hand Cannon 6-8 [1/level]; Motorized Training 1-2 [1/level]; Muzzle Flamethrower ; No Friendly Fire ; Quick Reload (Belt) ; Tap-Rack-Bang ; where specialization by skill is required, choose one of Guns (LMG), Guns (Grenade Launcher), or Gunner (Machine Gun).
- Equipment: Replace the standard Resistance Autorifle with one of the following choices:
- Resistance Heavy Machinegun: 7d pi, Acc 5, Range 1,100/4,500, Weight 46.2/15.3, RoF 10!, Shots 250(5), ST 17M, Bulk -6, Rcl 2; uses Gunner (Machine Gun) and 250-round belts (15.3 lbs) or
- Resistance Light Machinegun: 7d pi, Acc 5, Range 1,100/4,400, Weight 31.6/5, RoF 15, Shots 50(5), ST 12B†, Bulk -7, Rcl 2; uses Guns (LMG) and 50-round belts (5 lbs) and Resistance Grenade Launcher: 4d-1 [2d] cr ex, Acc 1, Range 30/440, Weight 15.3/3, RoF 3, Shots 6(3i), ST 10†, Bulk -6*. Uses Guns (Grenade Launcher) and can fire a variety of specialty grenades.
Gatecrasher [50 points]
Shotgun. Boot. Attitude. The Gatecrasher's job is to get in fast and put lots of shotgun slugs into the nearest available threat.
- Secondary Characteristics: Basic Move +1 
- Advantages: Extra Attack 1 (Multi-Strike, +20%; Single Skill - Guns (Shotgun), -20%) 
- Skills: Acrobatics (DX/H) ; Fast-Draw (Long Arm) (DX/E) ; Forced Entry (DX/E) ; Guns (Shotgun) (DX/E) ; Jumping (DX/E) 
- Perks: Choose 2 of Akimbo (Shotgun) ; Cinematic Knockback (Shotgun) ; Cool Under Fire ; Fireball Shot ; Muzzle Flamethrower (Shotgun) ; One-Armed Bandit (Shotgun) ; Scattergun ; or Sure-Footed (Slippery or Uneven) 
Ranger [50 points]
Some of Advent's troops practically ignore bullets; fortunately, the Resistance has its Rangers, fighters trained to close the distance and take it to the enemy in hand-to-hand.
- Attributes: ST +1 
- Advantages: Striking ST +2 ; Enhanced Parry (Broadsword) 1 
- Skills: Acrobatics (DX/H) ; Fast-Draw (Sword) (DX/E) ; Broadsword (DX/A) ; Guns (SMG) ; Jumping (DX/E) 
- Techniques: Charge (Broadsword)† @ Skill+0 
- Perks: Off-Hand Weapon Training (SMG) ; Unique Technique (Charge (Broadsword)) 
- †Charge: This Hard technique defaults to weapon skill-7 and allows the character to make a Move And Attack using a melee skill with none of the usual drawbacks: the character ignores the skill cap of 9 and may retreat or parry with the weapon used to attack.
- Equipment: In addition to the standard-issue gear the Ranger carries a Resistance Sword: sw+2 cut/thr+2 imp, Reach 1,2/1, Parry 0F, 5 lbs, ST 11.