GURPS: The Serpent's Skull
From OttGaming Wiki
Revision as of 02:38, 28 November 2012 by Harald387
- The PCs begin the Adventure Path as passengers on a cargo ship called the Jenivere, headed south to Sargava. The voyage promises not only to bring your characters together as you face adversity, but also to set you on a path into the very heart of one of Golarion’s most feared regions in search of wealth, fame, and ancient secrets. PCs in the Serpent’s Skull Adventure Path are not limited to origins in Sargava itself. In fact, characters in this campaign may be from just about anywhere. Countless motivations draw the daring, curious, and downright foolhardy to Sargava with the hope of attaining personal fame and fortune, and your PCs likely boast a variety of backgrounds and decidedly different reasons for traveling to Sargava’s capital city.
- Locations of interest in the Sargava region and beyond.
- Important NPCs.
- Races and customizations of racial templates. Very important if you're playing a nonhuman.
- You should have available to you the following GURPS books (either yours, or from someone you can borrow them from regularly)
- GURPS Basic Set: Characters
- GURPS Basic Set: Campaigns
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 1: Adventurers
- You will want to have access to parts of the following under some circumstances.
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 2: Dungeons (players really only need the first half, but expect it to be referenced frequently)
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 3: The Next Level (contains all the nonhuman races and the 50 point "Multiclass" lenses - not necessary if you're playing a human and are happy with the templates as presented).
- GURPS Low Tech: I will be using the weapons and equipment from this book over those in the Basic Set. However, you can get by with just the GCA data file and my cheat sheet if all you need is the weapons and armor.
- GURPS Magic
Recommended for every physical or equipment-based character, and probably useful for everyone else:
- GURPS Martial Arts
- GURPS Low Tech (Everything Else In It).
Required for any spell caster
- GURPS Magic
Recommended for divine characters:
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 7: Clerics
- GURPS Powers - Divine Favor (Clerics may choose to substitute Divine Favor for Power Investiture + spells and the usual Holy Might powers - or supplement one with the other, but this option is expensive.
- Anything "Dungeon Fantasy" is generally useful, but may not be useful for everyone.